The Myer Centre Adelaide is set to undergo an upgrade.
Peter Lee, Centre Manager, is delighted to announce the impending upgrade works: “The Myer Centre Adelaide has long been a retail and social icon of Adelaide and the Rundle Mall Precinct. We are pleased to offer a fresh customer shopping experience and enhanced environment for our valued customers and retailers.”
In conjunction with the Centre upgrade works, the Myer department store will undertake a significant refurbishment.
The planned works include (subject to authority approvals):
· New centre entries, awning finishes and lighting
· Improved ambience by way of updated interior finishes, including:
· New floor finishes – Ground Floor to Level 3
· Atrium balustrade upgrade – Ground Floor to Level 3
· Artwork or other installation to the main atrium
· New mall furniture
· Food Court decor enhancements
· Painting, lighting
· Passenger lift upgrade, external and interior finishes
· New directional signage throughout the retail precinct
· New Level 1 amenities
· Upgraded Parents Room on Level 3
The Myer Centre Adelaide upgrade works are expected to commence in the second quarter of 2013 with a construction timeline of approximately 12 to 16 months.
Ian Darbyshire, General Manager, Rundle Mall Management Authority, said: “Rundle Mall is Adelaide’s premiere shopping precinct. The planned upgrade of the Myer department store and the Myer Centre Adelaide will enhance linkages between Rundle Mall’s central location and the Riverbank, Adelaide Oval, Convention Centre and Victoria Square redevelopments.”