Monday, March 17, 2014

My Macaron Making Adventure

Last week I had this sudden want to try and make macarons...the need just came to me, I have no idea why! Anyways I had nothing else to do so I thought "why not!" And so began my Macaron Making Adventure....
I started by googling macaron recipes, this is one of the first one's that came up in my search, so I went with it:  http://britishfood.about.com/.../r/Easy-Macaron-Recipe.htm . I found the recipe to be really simple and easy to follow, the orange macarons below are the product of my first attempt....



They came out surprisingly well, with a crisp outter shell and a chewy center, I was pleasantly surprised, they had a slightly coconutty taste, which made them quite yummy. For the filling I used a simple icing mix, which consists of butter and icing sugar, in an attempt to soften the butter I put it in the microwave for abit too long which made the filling abit runny, but it didn't make a difference to the taste luckily.


After my first attempt turning out well, I decided to have another go, using the same recipe, which I halved and made into two different coloured batches. This time they looked alot more like macarons that you can buy at the shops, but I over-baked them slightly, which made them harder and there was only a slightly chewy center....



 Making macarons is not as hard as we all think they are, so if you love to eat them I really encourage trying this recipe out! Comment below and tell me all about your Macaron Making Adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment