Monday, July 21, 2014

Beauty Spot: Nails Nails Nails

Hi my name is Mayanthi and I am a nail polish addict!
 I am one of those people who always has their nails painted....I have been painting my nails since I was about 12 years old. I love painting my nails in all different colours and I really enjoy coming up with interesting patterns and designs to paint on everytime. A friend of mine suggested that I post nail art tutorials, which I thought, "yea, why not!".

I thought I'd start with a simple design. I was sent the Bourjois Ultra Shine Polish in purple fiction and the Ulta3 nail colour in earl grey to try out. I was quite intrigued because I had never tried a Bourjois nail polish but I have heard good things about the brand overall.
 All though the two nail polishes were different brands, the colours work together perfectly...



Step 1: Paint 2 thin coats of the Ulta3 colour. Let it dry for a minute or two, I found that once I was finished the other hand, the first hand was already dry.


Step 2: Take the Bourjois colour and hold the brush diagonally across the nail, once in position brush the polish on keeping in the diagonal direction. Then do the same on the opposite side, creating a triangle shape on the bottom of the nail.


Finally add a top coat to create more shine, and also to help the nail polish dry faster and evenly.


And this is the finished look!


I would love to hear what you think....and let me know if you want to see more of these! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment